Thursday 16 May 2013

More Mid-Maternity Stripes!


So, if you've listened to my wee podcast that I posted the other day, you'll now that I am 20 weeks preggers now, AKA half way. I can feel the baby making it's presence felt, it's kicking A LOT now. Oh, and you might have noticed from my MMM'13 documentation pics that I'm getting BIG. My beloved Mariner T-shirt is starting to get on the tight side, and I don't think it'll be long before wearing it would be asking too much of the properties of jersey! Then what will I wear to pregnancy yoga?! Time to get stitching....


And the result was this awesome stripey number! Using up another piece of stripey jersey from my stash, I used basically the same pattern as the one I developed for the Mariner T-shirt, but increased the width around the whole torso, but particularly round the belly area. This navy and white striped jersey has so much elastane content that, combined with the added girth, I wouldn't be surprised if this top sees me through the third trimester as well. 


I cut the strip for the neck binding so I would have a solid navy part running framing the neck hole. I love this jersey and this style of top and I'm pretty sure that whatever size/shape I end up as after I have the baby, that I'll be able to rework it at the side seams so it will have a life beyond the next four and a half months. 

6 comments:

Suzy said...

I love a stripey t-shirt!
And I meant to comment on your last post, I really enjoyed the audio - it's nice to hear what you sound like.

My favourite maternity t-shirt, which fit right til the end, had a ruched section across the tummy. I think the front section was just cut about 10 or 15cm longer than the back, and then there was gathering at the sides from the bust down to the hem which pulled the front up to the same level as the back hem but gave expansion room. Just thought I would share in case you are needing more yoga wear :)

magnolienrinde said...

Very nice:)

Jenny said...

Beautiful top! Every time I see one of your maternity creations, I want another baby just so I can make myself a maternity wardrobe. :-) I really enjoyed your podcast, too.

Kate said...

Loved the podcast Zoe!! And another lovely stripes top!

Claire said...

You can't go wrong with stripes! Loved the postcast too - hopefully you'll make another.

Lovenicky said...

You look so lovely in this outfit. Enjoy your mid-pregnancy! I remember for my first child, I felt so happy and sexy during my 2nd trimester. It's truly a wonderful time. Be sure to enjoy every day because time goes by really fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...