Friday 8 February 2013

Refashion Friday Inspiration: Contrast Yoke Shirt/Blouse with Petal Collar


I haven't shared much in the way of Zo-made refashioning inspiration for a few weeks, so here's a beaut for you! Well, I think it's a good 'un; there's some interesting ideas in there anyway even if you're not a fan of the actual finished garment. At risk of insulting your intelligence, I'll state that this garment was created using one unwanted mens checked shirt and one unwanted mens denim shirt. 


Starting with some uber simple bog-standard blouse pattern, I altered the bust shaping from a side bust dart into a shaped yoke seam. I ignored the waist-shaping darts on the front and back because I wanted to make a looser fitting garment. I cut both shirts so I'd retain the functionality of the original buttons and button-stands. I really like how the two shirts have different coloured buttons to emphasise the 'cut-and-shut' nature of this shirt. For the same reason I also like how the breast pockets of the denim shirt are only partly visible. 


I drafted a simple 'petal' collar with a scalloped edge and cut the collar pieces from the denim shirt's discarded sleeves. The 3/4 sleeves are cut from the checked shirt but I retained a bit of the original sleeve gauntlets/plackets for an extra bit of interest and a 'nod' to its former incarnation! 




9 comments:

badmomgoodmom said...

Brilliant idea!

Shannon said...

I like it! Very unique!

seeds seams and upcycling said...

Loves it

Far said...

I love the contrast! :) And this is something I can totally wear too...

niddetissus said...

That *is* inspirational!

Sew Lonnie said...

Love it! I'm on a petal collar binge too playing with removable collars, I luff them!

Marie said...

Love this!!!

Anonymous said...

Zoe, I love love love your addition of the Inspiration Station list! I'm in window shopping heaven. Also I thought of you this morn when I put on a restyle I made that wasn't just so. I figured you would have done it right the first time. (dress turned to peplum top).

Unknown said...

ZOMG! That's brilliant! LOVE it, such a great use of contrasting fabrics, I bet it looks fab on

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...