Monday 24 September 2012

My Handmade Style Interview


If you haven't read any of Joanne from 'Stitch and Witter' 'My handmade Style' series, I'd seriously advise you check it out. It's currently one of the most interesting things going on in sewing-blogland, IMHO. Joanne picks stylish sewing bloggers and asks them the questions you didn't realise you wanted to know the answers to, but suddenly you need to know the answers to!

I really love reading about why people sew what they do and what influences their stylistic decisions. To be honest, when I first read the concept behind Joanne's 'My Handmade Style' series, I felt a stab of jealousy that I hadn't been clever enough to come up with something similar myself! But I'm so glad that Joanne did pip anyone else to the post because her approach and depth of questioning make these interviews infinitely fascinating.

Following in wake of great interviews with Tilly and the Buttons, Dolly Clackett and Sallie Oh, the most recent instalment features myself. I'm very grateful to Joanne for asking me to be featured in this series, especially considering the talented and stylish women who are also part of this series so far. It was a fascinating process answering these questions, and I must admit it took me over a week of thinking about it and going back to them until I felt I had answered them accurately. I definitely feel I know my approach, inspiration sources, style and even myself better afterwards! Check out my 'Handmade Style' interview here...

6 comments:

sallie oleta barbee said...

Hey Zoe! I loved reading your thoughts on your handmade style! I agree, Joanne's posts on this subject are so great, I hope she continues doing these because its really fascinating reading about all the thought that other women put into their handmade wardrobes. I really relate to your thoughts about sustainability with your garments, its something that I try and be very mindful of as well.

Anonymous said...

I love these interviews so much, too, and I was so excited to see you featured, Zoe! Such fun!

Sewing by Shirley said...

What a great interview! I really enjoyed reading it and learning more about you!

velosews said...

Great interview. It's good to see your work recognised. Congratulations Zoe.

Joanne said...

Oh thank you so much for the mention Zoe and your kind words. I'm so happy everyone is enjoying the series and is just as nosey as I am ;-)

Cucicucicoo said...

how wonderful this interview is! i particularly liked what you said about learning about one's body and style through sewing. and how you are inspired by all clothes you see, even those that aren't your style! :) lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...