Tuesday 4 September 2012

Lace Vest/Camisole/Singlet and Adjustable Strap Tutorial


Here's another variation of the free vest/camisole/singlet pattern that I wanted to share with you. It's a very different look to the basic solid jerseys or the T-shirt refashions I've put on here recently. Today's offering is a far more sexy affair!


The front and back pieces have been cut from delicate champagne-coloured stretchy lace. The flat elastic that finishes the top edges and forms the straps has a really lovely soft feel and a little gold stripe running along it giving the garment an extra hint of luxe. Before it got too chilly I wore this vest to sleep in and it felt really special. If you wanted to make a slightly more modest version, you could put a solid jersey layer under the front lace piece, but still keep the back lace only. 

To see some other peoples' versions of the free vest pattern, check out my pinterest board


Another way to take this basic pattern in a different direction is to add adjustable straps. Leah from 'Journey to Couture' was sweet enough to leave me the link to her fabulous tutorial for making your own adjustable straps (pictured below). What could be fancier than adding such a useful and professional detail to your own vest creations?! 


(image source: 'Journey to Couture' tutorial)

Thanks Leah!!!

6 comments:

Sew little time said...

ooh, i love the lace! i was trying to be so good in setting aside some old tees i was going to take to the charity shop to make vests from, ut i want to go out and buy lace now!

didyoumakethat said...

That is absolutely gorgeous, Zoe!

Texan said...

Pretty!

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for anything lace so this naturally appeals to me. May I ask where you bought the elastic? It definitely is way more 'special' than others. Please email me if it's not too much trouble :)

Janice said...

Super cute! I'm a newfound knit convert and I can't wait to try out your camisole pattern.

Ginny said...

Very pretty. I'm about to make up a few in various stretch laces myself as part of my lingerie-making spree. I'll let you know how I get on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...