Tuesday 7 August 2012

Post-Wedding Sewing Plans

I can't imagine there being too much sewing that isn't wedding-centric over the next couple of months, but I've got some projects planned that I'm just itching to get stuck into and sharing those plans with my lovely readers is the next best thing to actually doing them and then wearing the results.

Here the three projects/patterns that I'm most excited to get cracking with, once all this fancy-pants sewing is finished:


The first pattern I can't wait to get my hands on is the most complex of the three. Pictured above is my copy of the Watson jacket pattern from Papercut Patterns. Probably like most sewing peops when they discover Papercut patterns for the first time, I flipped out over their stunning website and incredible product packaging. If you haven't already visited them, check out this NZ-based company's site.  I've got a couple of fabric options to make this in, but I think it'll be a great opportunity to use some of the incredible large buttons I possess so I'll take those firmly in to consideration before making the final fabric selection.


I'm not sure if the sun will still be shining by the time I finally get making this sun top pictured below (first featured in March in my blouse sewing pattern hoard post). I have the most amazing vintage red, white and blue fabric lined up but I want to take my time and get a good fit so I haven't rushed into making this when there are certain other garments which are currently more deserving of my fitting time!  


I've worn my navy cropped trousers made from an adapted version of the Colette Patterns Clover pattern (pictured below) so often that another version or two is inevitable. By altering the waist shape of the original pattern, my version are more comfortable than pretty much any other pair of trousers I've ever owned so I'd love to have some more in different lengths and colours. I've actually had a pair in leopard print sateen cut out for some time, which I may well get round to stitching before my wedding sewing is complete. I've also been obsessing about a red pair, possible full length. This talented sewer has converted the pattern to create an altogether different style which look totally amazing. I can't wait to make my own red-hot pair! I don't currently have any secondhand red fabric with a sufficient elastane quality, so I may bend my 'no new fabric' rule for this project because I am so desperate for red trousers, as embarrassing as that is to admit!

13 comments:

Rachel said...

Nice list. I'm somewhat jealous. After finishing some big project sewing myself I now find myself a bit listless when it comes to what to work on and don't really know what to do now...

Christina said...

Wow, that jacket blew me away! I've always loved capes, but they won't work on my figure, so I totally want a jacket with a capelett since I saw Moonrise Kingdom and Dark Shadows, as I think they are adorable AND might work for me. :D

Judith said...

I'd buy the patterns just purely for the packaging...

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Zo I am sure I'm not the only one busting for a peek of your wedding sewing, but I guess we'll just have to wait until afterwards hehehe. I love the Watson jacket pattern!

Cirque Du Bebe said...

Looking forward to the results!

Claire Cooper said...

Can totally relate - can't wait to sew something for myself when I've finished the wedding sewing i'm doing for others at the moment.
I too want red trousers!

natalie said...

ooh I have that jacket pattern. I am doinf mine a plain grey harris tweed with a brown florla lining (sounds horrible but is loverly).

Len said...

Oh wow, I hadn't come across Papercut patterns before and that jacket is beautiful! I'm still lumbering on with a project I started WEEKS ago, so I can't even begin to think about what I'll do next or I'll get distracted! Best of luck with the wedding sewing, can't wait to see what you end up making :)

John david said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I have that Style pattern too! I found it at an Op Shop but I think mine is a bit too small for me, still I couldn't resist adding it to the stash. Style was also a NZ pattern company ;)

Becky said...

I can definitely relate--I'm allowing myself one last sewing project, so I don't leave my Craftsy class jeans unfinished for the next 10+ months, but then I'll be diving into my own wedding dress! But I've definitely caught myself mentally plotting the next projects after that already...

Hope all goes smoothly with your dress, and I'm sure you'll enjoy knocking these projects off the list too!

Margaret said...

I think you and I are doing a wedding-dress parallel sew along thing. I'd love to see yours when it is done!

Tilly said...

Love all these plans, Zoe! The Watson jacket is also on my list, perhaps we can work on it at the same time and compare notes. Enjoy the wedding seeing while you can though too exciting! xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...