Thursday 29 October 2009

The Return of the Crazy-Child Fabric

Now Autumn is firmly making her presence felt, it may appear strange to engage in hot weather garment sewing. But whilst I'm trying to remember where I stored my jumpers, my best mate Vic is planning her year-long adventure to Australia, which will commence right at the height of the Southern Hemisphere's Summer. Having spent July to September here in Bcn wondering if it is possible that I will ever feel cold again (answer: yes), I decided I needed to help Vic prepare for life in a hotter (than UK) climate. Since she can't wear the Chicken Dress every day, although when she sees it, I think she's going to want to, I have made her an alternative. Ta da!!!!!!:

It's ANOTHER Simplicity #4589 interpretation made from the remnants of the crazy child's bedsheet left over from my Anda dress. I didn't have enough of the border left, so it's just the striped section on the back. I used a contrast plain turquoise cotton for the neck band.

Despite the sheer insanity of the depiction of infants on this fabric, I felt the outcome was a little dull. So I went on a hunt for some self cover buttons and made these little face 'badges' to stitch on the neck band for a little interest. I think they give the overall garm a lift. I guess that would be a face lift! Anyways......

5 comments:

EmilyKate said...

I LOVE IT!

Wherebouts in Australia is your friend going? How funny would it be if I saw her someplace wearing it!

naughty little pony said...

So cute! She's a lucky lady.

kate said...

SO CUTE! I totally love it, especially the buttons!

Karin van Dam said...

That's a fun top. And I bet it's perfect for a hot summer. By the way, I think the chicken dress is fabulous!

Cirque Du Bebe said...

Wow, this is such a special item. Its so personal and meaningful...makes store-bought seem so empty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...